February 2018 – Gallaudet University has announced an upcoming summer program for ten undergraduates who will research accessibility and technology. The research aims to “improve accessibility and usability of streamed media for people with sensory disabilities.” Primarily for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, the program will allow the students to learn sign language and try out accessible technologies. Accepted participants receive:
- $5000 stipend,
- Free housing, meals and travel to Washington, DC, and
- Opportunity to present research at conferences.
The program is now accepting applicants, and all who wish to participate should complete these steps:
- Click on the “Application link" below to submit your online application.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
-- Unofficial college transcript(s)
-- research interest statement. If applicable, describe a major project did for a course or internship.
-- One letter of recommendation. Ask recommender to email it to Dr. Kushalnagar (email@example.com)
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org a message stating that you have completed steps 1 and 2. If the form and documents are complete, you will get an acknowledgment email that your application is complete and will be reviewed.
Application link: http://aict.gallaudet.edu/#reu/application
Send to: email@example.com