Georgia Tech is conducting a project to understand the experiences of people with disabilities within non-traditional work, app-based jobs such as driving for Lyft, doing small jobs Task Rabbit, or freelancing through Fiverr, to name a few. The goal of our project is to understand the job experiences among persons with disabilities who work in app-based jobs, frequently known as “the gig economy.”
Our research focuses on why and how people with disabilities do this type of work. We also are interested in learning how such jobs affect your everyday life. If you work in an app-based job and are interested in sharing your experience, we invite you to participate in telephone interviews for this study.
How to Participate: To participate in the study, you must be:
- Over 18 years of age.
- Be able to understand and speak English or be an ASL speaker
- Have a disability
- Work in an app-based job, such as:
- Uber, Lyft, Via
- Handy, Taskrabbit
- Wag, Rover, Care.com
- Fiverr, UpWork
- DoorDash, UberEats, Postmates, Cavia, InstaCart
- Turo, Maven, Zilock, Airbnb
- And similar app-based jobs.
- You cannot participate if: 1) you had already participated in 2018, 2) are under 18 years of age or are unable to give consent, 3) do not understand or speak English or ASL, 4) are employed only in permanent full-time or part-time work, or 5) are otherwise unemployed.
If You are Selected: If you are selected, we will conduct a telephone interview that will take approximately 60-90 minutes. (If you are an ASL speaker, we will arrange for video conferencing and will provide interpreting services.) The interview will be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. You will receive $50 as compensation for your time.
To participate, contact Salimah LaForce at 404.894-8297 or email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.