August 2020 — The Commission opened the nomination portal for the Ninth Chairman’s Awards for Advancement in Accessibility. The nomination period will last from August 3, 2020, to September 4, 2020. In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), the FCC is requesting nominations for individuals this year instead of emerging and innovative technologies. The nominee should be someone, in the private or public sector, who has made a meaningful contribution to increasing accessibility in the digital communications field. The nomination should be sent to chairmansAAA@fcc.gov and include the following information:
- The nominated individual’s name, current contact information, and organization (if appropriate).
- The name and contact information of the person submitting the nomination or a notation that the submission is a self-nomination.
- An explanation of why the individual qualifies for the Chairman’s AAA.
- A description of the nominee’s work in support of accessibility in telecommunications and/or broadcast media. Any documentation supporting this work (e.g., media reports, published materials) will help support the nomination.
- A list of any specific efforts, products, policies, or materials resulting from the nominee’s work in this space.
The award winners will be honored at a ceremony in October 2020 [Source: FCC]